Fresh peach scones are so easy and delicious to make! Enjoy these sweet pastry treats filled with juicy peaches with tea or coffee. Break out your pastry cutter and in 20 minutes you can have fresh scones any day of the week.
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love a ripe, fresh peach! They are so juicy and full of so much flavor I really become giddy when they are in season.
When looking for a new flavor to try for scones, this fruit ingredient was a no brainer. It also helped that I had a huge bowl of fresh peaches!
Can I use Frozen Peaches to Make Scones?
Can you use frozen fruit to make peach scones? I suppose you could, but I would add them at the very last moment so they do not break down and make your dough mushy.
I would also suggest not using canned peaches for two reasons:
- They can be too sweet, especially if packed in syrup.
- They are really soft and will most definitely break down into mush when you knead your dough.
Fresh Peach Scone Easy & Delicious
If you love fresh fruit and you love scones, then you will really, really love this flavor combination! They are almost as good as our blueberry lemon flavor. Almost!
To make sure your recipe is a success, here are some tips:
- Use fresh, ripe peaches whenever possible. They are easy to peel and when really ripe, easy to remove pit too.
- Use COLD BUTTER. ALWAYS.
- Have a pastry blender handy- this is one of our must-have baking tools when cutting in butter.
How to Make Peach Scones
Our recipe is really very easy! Don't be afraid to try this- I know you can do it! Follow these simple instructions and you'll have a warm fresh treat in no time!
First, you will want to preheat your oven to 425 degrees. While this is preheating, get your self prepared on a countertop or flat surface.
Next, in a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set your bowl of dry ingredients aside.
Unwrap your cold butter. You can use salted (I prefer this) or unsalted butter. Cut in half lengthwise, then turn on side and cut in half lengthwise again. Now slice on Tablespoon marks (you will be making small diced pieces of butter).
Add butter pieces to your flour mixture. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add wet ingredients to the dough. Stir in 2/3 cup half-and-half until just moistened.
Peel and pit two medium peaches. Cut chop in 1-inch pieces.
Gently fold in chopped fresh peaches.
On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough 5 to 10 times.
Shape the dough into a 1-inch-thick round.
Cut into 8 wedges; place on an (ungreased) baking sheet, 2 inches apart. I like to bake on a piece of parchment paper for best results.
Brush tops with 1 Tablespoon of half-and-half. Sprinkle each scone with a pinch of sugar.
Bake the scones until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Place on a wire rack to cool.
What Can I Serve with Scones?
Some of our favorite suggestions for this particular scone recipe are:
- Flavored Jam
- Clotted Cream
Mail Order Scone Gifts
Want to send these as a gift? We found a great little bakery in Georgia that makes ordering and sending scones to your favorite friends a breeze. I have sent the mini scones as a thank you and they were a huge hit!
If you enjoyed making this recipe, please share it on Pinterest and Facebook! Be sure to tag us #thesconeblog so we can see the results!
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 C half-and-half, plus 1 tbsp.
- 1-2 medium fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 2/3 cup half-and-half until just moistened.
- Gently fold in chopped peaches.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 5 to 10 times.
- Pat into a 1-inch-thick round.
- Cut into 8 wedges; place on an (ungreased) baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Brush tops with 1 Tbsp half-and-half, sprinkle each with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g