Strawberry prosecco scones are full of fresh strawberries mixed into a light scone dough with a splash of bubbly! These strawberry scones are the perfect treat to make for breakfast in bed for your sweetheart.
I love these scones. They are pretty, bursting with strawberries and prosecco flavor. These light scones are like enjoying your favorite mimosa only in scone form!
They taste so good!
Tools to help make perfect scones
- Pastry blender we mention this item with every single recipe because it is THE item that will ensure a fluffy outcome for your scones. You can use 2 knives or your hands, but a pastry blender is best.
- Parchment paper a baking sheet lined with parchment paper is not only great for non-stick baking, but it is also awesome for easy cleanup! No pan scrubbing needed!
- Mixing bowl should be a large mixing bowl if you want to make this a one-bowl recipe! I mix and also knead the scone dough right in the bowl before turning it out onto a floured surface.
Strawberry Prosecco Scone Ingredients
This is all you need for this recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Half-and-half, plus 1 tbsp.
- Chopped fresh strawberries
How to make prosecco strawberry scone recipe
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in 2/3 cup half-and-half, vanilla, and vanilla bean paste until just moistened.
Gently fold in cut fresh strawberries.
On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 5 to 10 times. If dough is sticky, add a tablespoon of flour.
Pat into a 1-inch-thick round.
Cut into 8 wedges or roll and cut with heart-shaped cookie cutter; place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, 2 ” apart.
Brush tops with 1 Tbsp half-and-half, sprinkle each with sugar.
Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Let cool on wire rack.
You can enjoy plain or top with a drizzle of vanilla prosecco glaze.
DID YOU MAKE THIS? PLEASE RATE THE RECIPE BELOW!
If you are short on time and want to send a special sweet treat, be sure to check out Seven Sisters Scones to send mail order scones to someone special. They are so worth it!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Prosecco
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 1/3 cup half-and-half, vanilla extract, vanilla bean paste, and Prosecco until just moistened.
- Gently fold in fresh strawberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 5 to 10 times. If the dough is sticky, add 1 Tablespoon of flour.
- Pat into a 1-inch-thick round.
- Cut into 8 wedges, or roll with a pin and cut out with heart cookie cutter.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Brush tops with 1 Tbsp half-and-half, sprinkle each with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- This recipe is easily doubled
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
StudioSilversmiths 30031 Renaissance Footed Platter
2PCS Valentines Day Decor,Cute Valentines Gnome Faceless Santa Doll,Handmade Valentine's Gifts for Women/Men,Valentines Day Decorations Ornaments for The Home
Red Gingham Checkered 6 Pack Premium Disposable Plastic Picnic Tablecloth 54 Inch. x 108 Inch. Rectangle Table Cover By Grandipity
Gorilla Grip Original Chef Dough and Pastry Blender, Comfortable Grip Handle, Premium Stainless Steel Cutter Blades, for Baking, Kneading Doughs, Butter, Flakier and Fluffier Pie Crusts, Gray
IF YOU CARE FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5), Non Slip Colorful Silicone Bottom Nesting Storage Bowls by Regiller, Polished Mirror Finish For Healthy Meal Mixing and Prepping 1.5-2 - 2.5-3.5 - 7QT
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g